Minor Injury Service
This notice sets out Narberth Surgery in-hours Minor Injury Service.
The following list gives guidance on the types of injuries and circumstances that would lead to the use of this Minor Injury Service, but it is not comprehensive.
- Cuts and lacerations capable of closure by simple techniques
- Minor dislocations of fingers
- Foreign bodies superficially embedded in tissues
- Non-penetrating superficial foreign bodies on the eye
- Following advice to attend specifically given by a general practitioner
- Following recent injury of a severity not amenable to simple domestic first aid
- Following recent injury where it is suspected stitches may be required
- Following blows to the head where there has been no loss of consciousness
Recent eye injury
- Partial thickness burns or scalds involving broken skin
Minor trauma to hands, limbs or feet.If we are unable to deal satisfactorily with your condition in the surgery we may ask you to attend A & E for further treatment.
If you are unsure if your injury is appropriate for our minor injury service please telephone or ask at reception.